WILEY X PT-3 BALLISTIC CERTIFIED EYEWEAR WITH ULTRA-LOW PROFILE AND CHANGEABLE LENS - SHIELDS WIND AND HIGH VELOCITY DEBRIS EVEN IN EXTREME ENVIRONMENTS
WILEY X PT-3 - NATO EYEWEAR POPULAR IN THE US ARMY - PRESCRIPTION LENS OPTION
- Shatterproof Military Vo Ballistic Certified Safety Eye Shield for ultimate protection when bike and motorcycle riding or during other sports.
- Selenite® Polycarbonate Anti-Scratch Lenses with 100% UV protection.
- Low Profile, Wrap Around Sunglasses Design gives ultimate peripheral vision and reduces backlit glare. Suits all helmet configurations.
- Adjustable Nose Piece comfortably fits any nose bridge.
- Choice of 2 or 3 Changeable Ballistic Lenses.
- Optional Rx Plug-In Insert for Prescription Lenses.
The new Wiley X PT-3 provides highly versatile eye protection and superb vision quality. Designed to shield wind and high velocity debris, the curved frame and lens provides unsurpassed clarity with full peripheral vision and reduced backlit glare. PT-3 was developed, with improved styling, from the highly successful PT-1, reported at length in "Reviews". PT-3 is listed NATO equipment and you will see the NATO part number on the instructions supplied.
Due to the ultra-low profile, PT3 will normally fit inside full face helmets where other glasses cannot, so this eyewear is excellent for motorcyclists.
Several of the Wiley X Safety Sunglasses shown on Bikeco have military certification as well as civilian standards, including the PT-3, which is the favourite in the US Military. PT-3 ranks amongst the very best sunglasses for protection in demanding environments.
Click on “Features” and “Approvals” for detailed information. www.timecritics.co.uk
1. US MIL-PRF-31013 Vo Ballistic Fragmentation Standard.
2. ANSI Z87.1-2003 High Velocity Impact Standard.
3. CE EN 166 (F) European Personal Eye Protection Standard.
4. ISO 9001:2008 Certification
The Wiley X lenses are shatterproof, distortion-free Selenite® with 8 functional layers. T-ShellTM and FoilTM lens coatings provide anti-scratch and anti fog protection. The lenses are quickly and easily changed as required by the lighting conditions.
The Clear Lens is primarily intended for low light conditions and night time.
The Light Rust Lens (PT-3SCL only) removes blue light which is the main constituent of haze, and significantly increases visual contrast during flat, dull or overcast situations, including the classic snow "whiteout" condition. Traffic light colours can still be clearly distinguished.
The Smoke Lens reduces intensity in bright or sunny conditions.
Prescription lenses from an optician can be fitted behind the ballistic lens shield, by purchasing the Rx Plug-In Insert.
Protection In Extreme Environments
Why use Military Vo Ballistic certified sunglasses when cycling? Vo Ballistic is designed for when all hell breaks loose. Your eyes cannot be replaced. Wiley X Eyewear offers high velocity protection for virtually any eventuality such as stones projected from vehicle tyres, and bird strikes. Twigs and branches in low light on woodland tracks are an ever-present danger.
Wiley X shatterproof lenses consist of very high quality materials, multi-layered, including surfaces to resist scratches and prevent light reflecting back from the inside.
A high quality adjustable Tri-GlideTM
Elastic Strap is supplied to convert to Goggles Mode, when it is
essential to secure the PT-3 to the face due to service conditions, such as physical activity, high vibration, wind turbulence or breaking
waves. The strap features T-PEGTM Docking for secure attachment of the strap to the temple sides, by a twist and lock action.
Fits faces M - L
Equipment Included with PT-3
- Wiley X PT-3 Safety Glasses
- Lenses Package (smoke and clear, or smoke, clear and light rust, according to the model selected)
- Nose Piece (PART No. PTNP - was 3NP)
- Tri-GlideTM Adjustable and Removable Elastic Strap for Goggles Mode, with T-PEGTM Docking
- Heavy Duty Zipper Top Carrying Case (PART No.TS-235) with strong velcro belt loops and a security clip
- Cleaning Cloth
Rx Prescription Lens Holder
The Rx Plug-In Insert (PART No. R8051X) enables prescription lenses from an optician to be fitted behind the main ballistic shield on a slot in the nose piece, as shown in one of the roll-over images (above). This accessory fits Wiley X PT-3, PT-1, and Nerve. Please note that the Rx Insert is supplied WITHOUT the black nose piece, which is a part of the original eyewear. PTNP Nose Pieces are available separately as replacement parts.
PTNP Nose Piece (was 3NP)
The PTNP Nose Piece (included with PT-3) fits on the lens shield in use at the time, and also supports the optional Rx Prescription Lens Holder. Additional / replacement Nose Pieces are available.
Additional Parts & Accessories
We have a range of Wiley X cases and extra/replacement items in the Parts & Accessories Section, accessed from the Eyewear Menu.