A RANGE OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY LED LIGHT BULBS FOR CYCLE LIGHTS, TORCHES, FLASHLIGHTS, LANTERNS, HEAD TORCHES, CORDLESS TOOL LIGHTS, READING LIGHTS, MAGNIFIERS, AND EMERGENCY LIGHTS, INCLUDING MAGLITE®
TO OPEN THE BULB RANGE AT FULL SIZE
PLEASE CLICK THE RIGHT HAND IMAGE SELECTION ABOVE
(Opens the Table of Products in a new window)
- Over 6x higher efficiency than halogen with 1W Nicelite Bulbs
- Bright Pure White Illumination for optimum visibility*
- Internal Power Control circuitry for constant brightness and versatility
- Fade-free down to a low battery voltage for maximum battery useage
- High Shock Resistance
- Common bulb fittings, plus Maglite®-specific models
- No battery reversal ever required for "NO POLARITY" bulbs
- Lifetime over 30,000 hours
*Red and green bulbs are also available
1. 1W NICELITE LED EXCEEDS 6W HALOGEN: With a Nicelite bulb, lights can be far brighter than before. From tests and customer reviews, illumination by a 1W Nicelite bulb (110-120 Lumens) is superior to a 6W halogen bulb (100 Lumens), which in any case would be far too hot for many lights.
Nicelite 2W Bulbs for Maglite® surpass 10W Halogen bulbs. The improvement is visibility is a result of (a) much higher lumens, (b) pure white light, and (c) a smoother beam.
2. CONSTANT BRIGHTNESS: All Nicelite bulbs work within a voltage range, and employ power compensation circuitry to maintain the LED at full brightness down to a low voltage, utilising the maximum battery capacity. They operate at a much lower power level than filament bulbs of the same brightness for extended battery life, minimising cost, waste, and operating temperature. Rechargeable batteries can be used for even greater savings.
3. PURE WHITE: The colour temperature of all white Nicelite bulbs (BASE - COLOUR column in the table) is pure neutral white 4000 - 4500K, for optimum visibility.
4. NO POLARITY: For universal replacements, Nicelite bulbs indicated by "NO POLARITY" in the table are independent of battery direction. NL152 and NL252 have reverse polarity protection and require positive voltage at the tip (centre contact), which is standard for their intended use in a Maglite®.
CAUTION: HIGH INTENSITY LIGHT. NEVER LOOK DIRECTLY AT THE LED WHEN ILLUMINATED OR SHINE INTO EYES. FOR SAFETY ALWAYS REMOVE BATTERIES OR DISCONNECT POWER SUPPLY BEFORE CHANGING A BULB.
A. BASES (as indicated in the table)
CNC ARE A 'DROP-IN' 11.5mm DIAMETER BASE, SPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR MAGLITES®.
C & D cell Maglites® have oversized metal bulb holders with a greater heat sink allowing higher LED power and lumens.
PR / KPR / HS3 ARE THE STANDARD P13.5s INTERNATIONAL "PUSH-IN", PRE-FOCUS FLANGED BASE, 9.2mm DIAMETER BARREL.
E10 / MES ARE THE STANDARD INTERNATIONAL SCREW-CAP BASE, 9.5mm DIAMETER.
Nicelite bulbs will fit in place of original filament bulbs as they require less space than the glass envelope of conventional bulbs.
Bulb codes are laser etched on the bases for identification at any time in the future.
B. BEAM (as indicated in the table)
STANDARD beam bulbs are designed for modern circular parabolic reflectors and produce a controlled beam (flashlight, cycle headlight, head torch, rechargeable tool light, Maglite).
UNIVERSAL beam bulbs are the most versatile and provide both hemispherical illumination for close-up work, cupboard lights, lantern domes, 3D viewers, etc, and with reflectors they provide a focused beam. These bulbs are particularly recommended over Standard Beam for non-regular reflectors such as oval (frequently found in cycle lights, including CatEye HL-500) extra wide and extra narrow reflectors (both often found in vintage lights), and can be used in a work light with a reflector to provide task lighting, as demonstrated in one of the photos above with a Bardic lantern shining on a vehicle wheel (the image with the additional red safety light).
UNIVERSAL beam include red and green bulbs for safety and signal purposes.
C. RED NICELITE BULBS FOR RED AND CLEAR LENSES/COVERS
For bicycle tail lights, use a red LED bulb, NL316R, NL336R, NL317R or NL337R. 0.5W bulbs are brighter than 1.25W halogen bulbs. The red light will pass through a red lens with little loss, unlike filament bulbs where all the light is stopped by the red filter except the red component. NB: White Nicelite bulbs are usually too bright for use behind a red lens or red lantern dome, so a red bulb should be selected for these applications, as well as for maximum efficiency.
D. MORE INFORMATION AND REVIEWS
The Nicelite knowledge base has more comprehensive information, customer reviews, and photos: http://www.reflectalite.com/LEDpage.html
Please ask if you need any information: email@example.com
Bicycle dynamo-generators: There is a separate section on LED bulbs for dynamo-generators, accessed from the Bulb Menu , enabling generator lights to be several times brighter than standard lights. Please also see the main website http://www.reflectalite.com/LEDpage.html
A Nicelite bulb is not only very bright and economical, it is versatile and can be moved from one light to another with a different number of batteries,
as long as the total voltage (V) is within the stated range. Dry cells, NiCd, and NiMH should be considered as 1.5V per cell. Li-ion cells are usually 3.7V per cell (4.2V maximum).
Please note that NL152, NL161, NL164, NL167 and NL252 fit only the Maglite® models indicated in the table.
All LED bulbs in this eBay item are Nicelite brand, supplied on a blister card with product information and contact details.
Nicelite bulbs will run continuously in a plastic or metal bulb holder.
NL152, NL161, NL164, NL167, and NL252 must be operated only in the appropriate Maglite®. In the unusual event of excess temperature, all bulbs have thermal protection which automatically reduces power until the temperature falls back to the safe level.
The Nicelite listed watts (W) is the actual power used, and is directly related to battery run time. For maximum efficiency the LEDs are operated well below their maximum power rating. For instance NL152 and NL252 are fitted with 3W Cree LEDs.